Friday, August 6, 2010

24-hour Review

The perfect example of my crazy life...

Tucker:

While I love having our 6 month old Puppy, Tucker (Mr. T, T-Bell, etc) sometimes he has more energy that he or I know what to do with. All yesterday he just barked and looked at me like he expected me to spend the day waiting on him instead of organizing my To-do's, running errands, cleaning and book-keeping. Basically, he just drove me nuts. Everything for the last week has taken me twice as long to do since he likes to be a distraction--currently trying to sit in my lap(he is 50lbs).  So today we were on our morning walk when I bent down to clean up after him and the sprinklers turned on IN MY FACE. Someone just happened to be testing them. Well, not only did I pull my hip-flexor standing back up, but I got poo ON my HAND....Ya, I cried. Hes great, but that's def the downside to owning a town home instead of a normal place with a yard. I seriously hope theres not more where that came from....

The Hubby:

After a long day, Mike brings home my FAV bottle of wine.=)  Sadly, I was too stressed out after a long day to really appreciate the sweet act of kindness he made. I was so frustrated with all the timers(for dinner) going off when he came home that his treat for me went somewhat unnoticed. :-/ I wish I could always be that smiling wife when he comes home but I just don't have the balance for it! I guess its mostly selfish; I'm in a mood so when he comes home its not the warm "homey" feeling, its whatever mood I'm in. I really would like to work on that. He works so hard, some days I want to applaud him just for going in and not taking a sick day. Do you know the man has NEVER played hook-ie? Not even when I have done my best to coerce him to stay home :)

The Meal:

With everything else going on, I still wanted to make this fun recipe I saw so that we could have a special dinner together. The recipe was great--it was called Warm Provencal Chicken Salad and it was a Rachel Ray recipe. I was really pleased with how it turned out, its not a lot of work and the dressing was so GOOD! It really surprised me how much I liked Tarragon. I think I will incorporate it into other meals as a dip. This meal is not "leftover-friendly"; since it is mostly wilted greens and roasted veggies it makes a rather mushy second-chance. Also, you could make this with almost any veggies you have around the house at the time and its super healthy! Since I am doing the LBN (Look Better Naked Diet) I think this goes well with the other meals they suggest in the book.

Catch-Up:

Well, I am living in a mountain of laundry but every evening I feel like something is going on, or T. needs to go to the dog park for some extra exercise. How do people do it? Theres something that gets me about hanging clothes on a hanger that I just can't stand. Must be that retail experience... 
I am also trying to catch up with a marriage book that we had started but got too busy to finish("Simple Secrets of a Great Marriage") as well as finish Eat Pray Love before I see the movie =) Hopefully the laundry can do itself and I will just go to a movie Lol.

I couldn't really care if anyone actually reads this, as its just nice to get out...but if anyone does I would be glad to hear advice on puppy-training, recipes and how to stay on top of the laundry, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment